This is a quick, easy and healthy pasta recipe, which I have discovered during this isolation period. I love this dish because it combines and contrasts rich and bold flavours, with smooth creamy ones. I also love it as it can be easily adapted to your own style, mood and taste buds. Therefore no two versions of this meal need ever be the same.
Recipe Servings: 2
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Difficulty Level: Easy
- 180g of Tagliatelle Pasta (or which ever version of pasta you choose to use)
- 2 ripe medium Avocados
- 1 Lemon (juiced)
- 1 tbsp of Coconut Oil
- 1tsp of Ground Coriander
- 1tsp of Nutmeg
- 1tsp of Ground Cinnamon
- Handful of Olives (or as desired)
- Salt and Pepper
- 20g of water
- Chilli Flakes (Optional)
- Grated Cheese (Optional)
- Coriander herbs or fresh leaves (Optional)
- Add the pasta to a pot of hot boiling water and cook for 10 minutes (or until cooked)
- While the pasta is cooking, the sauce can be made by using a blender (if you do not have a blender, you can make the sauce in a bowl and use a whisk to blend). Put the avocado, coconut oil and water into a blender. Using a lemon juicer, (or just squeeze by hand) add the lemon juice to the blender. Add the ground coriander, nutmeg and cinnamon and blend until smooth. (Add more water if sauce is too thick to blend)
- Put the sauce into a pan and cook on a low heat until hot.
- Once drained, add the pasta to the sauce and also the olives and stir all together thoroughly. Add some salt and pepper to taste. (If you desire more flavour you can also add more of the spices to taste)
- (Optional) I usually sprinkle on top some chilli flakes and coriander herbs. You can also add fresh coriander leaves or sprinkle some grated cheese if desired.
Do you have a Food or Drink recipe you would like to recommend? If so, I would be delighted to share it. Please send your recipes ideas to: info@longlivehospitality