Besan Ka Cheela is a recipe which is a favourite with Lalit. It is a healthy vegetarian breakfast recipe which he cooks with his children. It consists of a simple savoury pancake made with chickpea flour and mild spices such as Ajwain (Caraway), Methi (Fenugreek) leaves and Chillies.
Recipe Servings: 2
Prep Time: 5 mins
Cook Time: 30 mins
Difficulty Level: Easy
- 1 Cup Besan
- 1 cup Water
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1/2 Onion, sliced
- 1 tsp Chilli powder
- 1 tsp Ajwain
- 1 Green Chilli
- 1/2 cup Methi leaves, finely chopped
- 4 tsp Oil (for frying)
How to Make Besan Ka Cheela
- Mix all the ingredients, except oil, to a thick pouring consistency, adding the water a little at a time.
- Leave to rest for 15-20 minutes.
- Heat a tbsp or so of oil in a frying pan, then pour it off into a container.
- Keeping the heat high, pour some batter in the center of the pan, spreading it out a little.
- Lower the heat and let cook till the edges brown a little and can be lifted easily.
- Dribble a little oil around it, turning the pan so the oil goes under the cheela.
- Flip it over to cook slightly on the other side and before serving it hot with a green chutney.
Do you have a Food or Drink recipe you would like to recommend? If so, I would be delighted to share it. Please send your recipes ideas to: info@longlivehospitality