Larb is a meat/fish salad from the north eastern region of Thailand where Fish’s father is from. The original recipe uses either minced or grilled pork cuts, or grilled catfish. Therefore this recipe is a more modern interpretation of this dish. It uses salmon as an alternative which is a favourite with Fish and her mother. This recipe works great as starter, or it can be served the traditional way as a main meal with some freshly steamed glutinous rice.
- 200g of Fresh Salmon Fillets (cut into small cubes)
- 3 Saw-toothed Coriander (sliced thinly)
- 5 Mint Leaves (sliced thinly)
- ½ Small Red Onion (sliced thinly)
- 1 tsp of Red Chilli Flakes
- 2 tsp of Toasted Rice Powder
- 1 Lime (juiced)
- 3 tsp of Fish Sauce
- ¼ tsp of Sugar
- Cut the salmon fillets into small cubes and set aside.
- Prepare the rest of the vegetables and also set aside.
- In a mixing bowl prepare your dressing. Mix together the lime juice, fish sauce and sugar. (Adjust to taste and add more of the ingredients if desired).
- Next add the salmon and stir lightly to avoid breaking the meat.
- Add the rest of the vegetables being careful not to break the meat.
- The meal is ready to be served. (As an option you can also serve with fried crispy salmon skin)
Do you have a Food or Drink Recipe that you would like to recommend? If so, I would be delighted to share it. Please send your recipe ideas to: email@example.com