Wow what a drink!!! If you like your drinks strong and dry like I do, than you are in for a treat. There are many versions and ways to create a classic Gin Martini. This version by the Whisky Exchange is quick, straight forward and will definitely knock some hairs off your chest.
- 1x Chilled Martini Glass
- 1x Mixing glass
- 1x Shot measure
- 1x Julep strainer
- 1x Stirring spoon
- 60ml gin
- 30ml dry vermouth
- Cubed ice
- Lemon twist and/or olives
- Pour the gin and vermouth into the chilled stirring glass.
- Fill the stirring glass half with ice.
- Stir the liquid for at least 3 minutes. This doesn’t have to be constant stirring but the liquid needs enough time with the ice to reduce the temperature.
- Strain into the chilled Martini glass.
- Garnish with a lemon twist or olives (or both as I have done)